- Taste Paris’ best ice cream at Berthillon – best enjoyed on the banks of the Seine
- Take a tour of the unbelievably opulent Opera Garnier
- Go to the top of the Arc de Triomphe at night
- Wander around the charming streets of Ile Saint Louis
- Walk down the Champs-Elysee, while there are still a few French shops left
- Revel in the true home of French luxury, Rue Faubourg Saint Honore
- Ice skate on top of the Eiffel Tower in winter
- Catch the Tour de France in summer
- Pick up a painting from the Montmartre artist markets
- Eat lunch in a park with a ham & cheese crepe from a street vendor
- Take in all the sights of the city with a Bateaux Mouches Seine Cruise
- Marvel at the stained glass windows in Sainte-Chapelle
- Escape the hustle and bustle at the tranquil Musee de l’Orangerie
- Visit the beautiful Jardin des Tuileries
- Take a day trip out to Versailles
- Savour the best view over Paris from Tour Montparnasse
- Enjoy the sculptures and gardens of Musee Rodin for only 1 EuroGawk at the gorgeous ceiling of Galerie Lafayette while you do your shopping
Gawk at the gorgeous ceiling of Galerie Lafayette while you do your shopping
Ride the free carousel under Sacre Coeur
- Discover Paris’ underground tomb at the Montparnasse Catacombs
24. Visit the Louvre – even if you don’t like it, it’s good to form your own opinion of it
- Chill out in the picturesque Place des Vosges
Stop by the city’s most beautiful metro stops in the Cite station
- Visit Notre Dame and meet the gargoyles with the bell tower climb
Browse the art galleries in the hallways that fringe Place des Vosges
Escape the tourists in Parc Montsouris
Check out the controversial Pompidou and head to the 6th floor for panoramic city views
- Start your day with a fresh croissant or pain au chocolat (my favourite) from a boulangerie
Visit La Grande Arche, the mind-blowingly huge and modern cousin to the Arc de Triomphe
Climb Sacre Coeur for some of the best views over Paris
- Get lost in the beautiful and tempting lingerie department at Printemps.
Find a street vendor selling the nutella waffles. You won’t regret it.
- Find a new scent at a French parfumerie like Fragonard, Annick Goutal or Serge Lutens
Visit Paris’ oldest department store, Le Bon Marche. A slight misnomer, because there’s nothing cheap about it.
Soak up the sunshine at the grand Jardin du Luxembourg
Sort the trash from the treasure at Marche Aux Puces
Pay homage to the ballet flat at the flagship Repetto store
Eat crème brûlée like it’s going out of fashion. Yum!
What are some of your favourite things to do Paris? What’s on your wish list?